Tuesday 5 April 2016

Today I am 21

21 years old but how many the wiser?
21 years my body has aged but how many has my soul?
The number could be less or even more
I wish I had a blueprint, a scan, a diagram of some kind…anything to show me
The premature cracks and wrinkles that maybe etched around my soul from the sorrow I have seen that has aged me before my time
Or maybe layers of dust from the years I neglected it
Today I am 21 years old
But how many years counted and how many must I have wasted…
All these years did I really believe time was in my hands?
Time
Time
Tick tock
Time
I wonder how much time
Until I begin to live like I have no time
And also all the time
Actions of urgency blanketed in a peacefulness
Actions of meaning
Importance
Consideration
And Strength
But carried out in the gentlest and sweetest of ways
Palatable to all
An ambition too high? I can never know

At age 21 I have understood 21 things

1-Accepting yourself is hard
2- Accepting others even harder
3- I have no control over anyone but myself
4-it is OK to let other make their own mistakes
5-God really does loves us all
6-He shows his love through tests
7-Most people will misinterpret his love for hate
8-I cannot control how anyone views their world
9-It is up to Allah to guide
10-I don’t know why he chose to guide me
11- Guidance is my greatest gift
12-My life is already written
13-Allah knows best
14-I have to accept, love and trust God's plan
15-My tongue is my biggest enemy
16-My tongue is my greatest ally
17-life is long and hard and uphill
18- But Life hasn’t even begun
19-I want everyone to feel peace
20-Guidance can be taken away from me at any time
21-I need to keep asking for it

At age 21 I feel I have a lot to give
But even more to learn.


R.S.




No comments:

Post a Comment